Just Beautiful [Flute]
- Interesting, worth a look
From the Publisher
I have chosen these pieces because I love every one of them. I can clearly remember the occasion when I first came across each piece and the excitement I felt.
It was during my time as a chorister at Westminster Cathedral and in my subsequent work as a church musician that I first discoevered many of the sacred pieces. The rest are my choice from years of seeking out beautiful melodies and perfect harmonies.
I hope you enjoy Just Beautiful as much as I do.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Air from 'Suite No.3 in D' (J.S. Bach)
- Arioso (J.S. Bach)
- Ave Verum Corpus (Mozart)
- Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves from 'Nabucco' (Verdi)
- Einsame Blumen (Woodland Flowers) (Schumann)
- Gymnopedie I (Satie)
- I know that my Redeemer Liveth from 'Messiah' (Handel)
- Jesu, joy of man's desiring (J.S. Bach)
- Largo from 'Xerxes' (Handel)
- Meditation from 'Thais' (Massenet)
- Nimrod from 'Enigma Variations' (Elgar)
- O For The Wings Of A Dove (Mendelssohn)
- Panis Angelicus (Franck)
- Pie Jesu from 'Requiem' (Faure)
- Prelude in A (Chopin)
- Prelude in B minor (Chopin)
- Prelude in E minor (Chopin)
- Salut d'amour (Elgar)
- Second movement from Symphony No.9 'The New World' (Dvorak)
- Sheherazade (Schumann)
- To A Wild Rose (MacDowell)
- Traumerei (Schumann)
- Valse Lente (Merikanto)
- Waltz in A (Schubert)
- Waltz in A (Lullaby) (Brahms)