Grade by Grade Alto Saxophone, Grade 5Includes CD
Edited by Janet Way
From the Publisher
The Grade By Grade series draws on the rich and varied Boosey & Hawkes catalogue of classical, contemporary and educational repertoire, highlighting composers including Serge Prokofieff, Dmitri Shostakovich, Karl Jenkins, Carol Barratt and Christopher Norton, alongside arrangements of traditional music from around the world by Peter Wastall, Vera Gray and others. Carefully selected by Janet Way, this practical anthology provides the complete repertoire resource for the aspiring Grade 5 alto saxophone player and creates the perfect package for teaching, exam preparation and performance. Each volume contains:
- 19 pieces & short studies, each complemented by a useful practice and performance tip
- grade-appropriate scales and arpeggios linked to the repertoire through bespoke text and exercises
- brand new sight-reading activities
- newly-commissioned aural awareness tasks
- a piano accompaniment booklet
Packaged with a CD of full performance demonstrations, piano backing tracks, and grade-appropriate aural awareness resources.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Bernstein Tonight
- Berbiguier Duo
- Debussy La Fille Aux Cheveux de Lin
- Gershwin The Half Of It, Dearie' Blues
- Garibaldi Study
- Piazzolla Duo 1
- Rachmaninoff Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini
- Telemann A Tempo Guisto from 'Fantasia No.10'
- Vinci Adagio & Allegro from 'Sonata No.1 for flute'
- Schumann Three Romances Op94, No.2
- Part 1: Alto Saxophone
- Part 2: Piano
Publisher: Boosey & Hawkes
Publisher's reference: BH12876
Volume 5 in the Grade by Grade for Alto Sax series
Our Stock Code: 1366754
Media Type: Paperback (68 pages [score]); includes accompaniment CD