From the Publisher
The Grade By Grade series draws on the rich and varied Boosey & Hawkes catalogue of classical, contemporary and educational repertoire, highlighting composers including Serge Prokofieff, Dmitri Shostakovich, Karl Jenkins, Carol Barratt and Christopher Norton, alongside arrangements of traditional music from around the world by Peter Wastall, Vera Gray and others. Carefully selected by Janet Way, this practical anthology provides the complete repertoire resource for the aspiring Grade 2 oboist and creates the perfect package for teaching, exam preparation and performance. Each volume contains: * 19 pieces & short studies, each complemented by a useful practice and performance tip * grade-appropriate scales and arpeggios linked to the repertoire through bespoke text and exercises * brand new sight-reading activities * newly-commissioned aural awareness tasks * a piano accompaniment booklet Packaged with a CD of full performance demonstrations, piano backing tracks, and grade-appropriate aural awareness resources.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Traditional Early One Morning
- Fiona Bolton A Minor Study
- Carol Barratt Jalapeno
- Jeremiah Clarke The Emperror of Germany's March
- Traditional Czech Czech Dance:Poloneza
- Norton Riverboat
- Couperin La Bourbonnaise
- Schubert Waltz
- Traditional Scottish Torry Burn
- Paul Harris Dancing Bears
- Hinke Legato Study
- Vera Gray Conversation
- Janet Way Creative Reflection
- Prokofieff Troika
- Shostakovich March from 'Six Children's pieces'
- Chris Morgan Imaginery Dancer
- Berbiguier Duetto in A minor
- Anthony Marks Over the Moon
- Traditional Estonian Estonian Round