Grade by Grade Oboe, Grade 1Includes CD
Arranged by Janet Way
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
From the Publisher
The Grade By Grade series draws on the rich and varied Boosey & Hawkes catalogue of classical, contemporary and educational repertoire, highlighting composers including Serge Prokofieff, Dmitri Shostakovich, Karl Jenkins, Carol Barratt and Christopher Norton, alongside arrangements of traditional music from around the world by Peter Wastall, Vera Gray and others. Carefully selected by Janet Way, this practical anthology provides the complete repertoire resource for the aspiring Grade 1 oboist and creates the perfect package for teaching, exam preparation and performance. Each volume contains: * 19 pieces & short studies, each complemented by a useful practice and performance tip * grade-appropriate scales and arpeggios linked to the repertoire through bespoke text and exercises * brand new sight-reading activities * newly-commissioned aural awareness tasks * a piano accompaniment booklet Packaged with a CD of full performance demonstrations, piano backing tracks, and grade-appropriate aural awareness resources.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Gluck Choirus from 'Paris & Helen'
- Anon English Jig
- Hinke Tone Production Study
- Traditional Hungarian In Our village
- Anthony Marks Upstairs, Downstairs
- Norton Tipping it Down
- Jenkins Cantilena from 'Adiemus'
- Very Gray Pendulum
- Purcell Minuet
- Traditional Brazilian Mama Paquita
- Janet Way Creative Reflection
- Bartok Dialogue
- Traditional Welsh Ffigysbren
- Helen Jane Long Spooked
- Fiona Bolton Hay-Fork Dance
- Karen Street Lazy Afternoon
- Chedeville Fanfare
- Traditional English Three Blind Mice
- Traditional French Frere Jacques