From the Publisher
Hermann Regner was a pupil of Orff and takes a special interest in easy teaching repertoire. With simple elements taken from modern music he aims to stimulate the player’s imagination.
Of his pieces he writes: "Even an instrument can tell stories. The players and audience may not "understand" every word, but playing and listening can awaken their memories and imagination, stirring their creative thoughts. The more expressively the players perform, the easier it is for listeners to be carried away by the music."
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Es wird dunkel (It grows dark)
- Ein boser Traum (A bad dream)
- Ein schoner Traum (A beautiful dream)
- Ferien auf der Insel (Holidays on the Island)
- Vogellied am Sonntagmorgen (Birdsong on Sunday morning)
- Der Clown tritt auf (The Clown enters)
- Unsere Katze ist krank (Our cat is sick)
- Tanz der Masken (Dance of the masks)