Flute Obbligatos with Piano Accompaniment, Volume 1
- Highly recommended
- Award-winning product
From the Publisher
Exquisite and challenging, Bach's flute obbligatos underscore the vocal lines of some of his greatest sacred arias. In this book keyboard accompaniments provide a sensitive reduction of the orchestral score, including a full expression of the vocal parts, so that the obbligatos can either be performed as pieces in their own right or used in preparation for full performance. With downloadable recorded backing tracks at A440 and A415, this is an indispensible volume for intermediate and advanced players of both the modern flute and traverso.
Winner: NFA Newly Published Music Awards 2021
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Domine Deus from Mass in B minor BWV232
- Benedictus from Mass in B minor BWV232
- Aus Liebe will mein Heiland from St Matthew Passion BWV244
- Ich folge dir gleichfalls from St John Passion BWV245
- Zerfliesse, meine Herze from St John Passion BWV245
- Seele, deine Spezereisen from Easter Oratorio BWV249