Flute Gymnastics Workbook, Vol 2
- Staff Pick
“This little book really packs a punch!”
The Flute Gymnastics Workbook series by Simon Hunt uses short technical exercises to help intermediate players practise efficiently. Volume Two progresses straight on from Volume One, this time tackling major and minor keys up to four sharps and flats. Exercises for tone control, breathing, dynamics and fingering are used to advance musical as well as technical skills and the bitesize approach makes them easier to sell to reluctant students. This great little book really packs a punch!
From the Publisher
In presenting this book I wish to introduce to the flautist in the ealier stages of learning to play the idea of serious technical practice. There are in existence many useful exercises for the more advanced player. My hope is that these exercises will encourage the pupil to work in such a way that will make easier and more enjoyable the foundation of a good technique. For this reason they are short and writtern our in eighth notes. of course they shoudl supplement a good flute method or tutor and be used under the guidance of a teacher.
The Flute Gymnastics Workbooks provide short technical exercises to develop the pupil's control of tone, breathing and fingers. They are meant to supplement the usual simple diet of scales, study and pieces. An approachable way to achieve a broader technique.
In each key:
- A slow melodic exercise to establish a good sound for working
- An octave exercise for the flexibility of the lips, and to promote an awareness of intonation
- Technical exercises on scales, arpeggios and various intervals
- Melodic exercises to help control and extend the breathing, followe by the application to a melody
- A more extended passage of greater difficulty, taken from Dressler's New and Complete Instruction for the Flute Op 68.
- Part 1: Flute
Publisher: Pan Educational Music
Publisher's reference: PEM7B
Volume 2 in the Flute Gymnastics series
Our Stock Code: 1011722
Media Type: Paperback (11 pages [score])