First Repertoire For Descant Recorder with Piano
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
Grades: 1, 2, 3, 4
From the Publisher
First Repertoire For Descant Recorder, selected and arranged by Sally Adams, is a collection of 28 rich and varied pieces ranging from waltzes and minuets, to Jazzy solos and even Hungarian folk tunes, with piano accompaniment to enhance your performance. All pieces were carefully selected and written to cover the preparatory test up to grade 3, and represents the ideal opportunity to develop your performance confidence and musicianship skills at this vital early stage of learning, as well as providing solos that are suited to any occasion.
This collection includes work from Handel to Haydn, Telemann to Britten, as well as Walter Bergmann ABRSM selections from the First and Second Book Of Descant Recorder Solos. The book comes with full Piano accompaniments and a separate pull-out recorder part.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Watts: Off to Somewhere
- Traditional: Les Bouffons from Arbeau's Orchesographie
- Bergmann: Pony Trott
- Adams: Hot coffe at the Silver Spoon Corral
- Bergmann: Austrian Landler
- Milne: Waltzing echidna
- Da Costa: Thumbs Up!
- Mercadants: Theme from Theme & variations for flute & strings
- Wedgwood: Monty (The Mystery cat)
- Chedeville: Musette
- Paisible: Minuet
- Berens: The cheerful soldier
- Britten: Waltz variations
- Naudot: Babiole
- Handel: Gavotte
- Da Costa: Jumping jacks
- Czech trad.: Polka
- Telemann: 'Andante' from Partita No.1
- English Country Dance: Slater's fancy
- Telemann: Pastourelle
- Conte: At Sunset
- P Harris: Sunny Spells
- Pepusch: Gavotte
- Haydn: Partie: I Pastorale
- Haydn: Partie: II Finale
- Watts: Coffee bean carnival!
- Jensen: 'Hungarian melody' from Songs & Dances Op.33 No.11
- Bennett: Moody Judy