Some of Edvard Grieg's most beautiful melodies have been transcribed here for clarinet and arranged into comfortable 'clarinet-friendly' keys allowing the performer to play with confidence. James Rae has selected a mixture of well-known and less well-known pieces which include: Piano Concerto in A minor Op. 16 (2 nd movement), Wedding Day at Troldhaugen, In the Hall of the Mountain King and more.
All are very suitable for developing clarinettists at middle-grade technical levels.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Piano Concerto in A minor Op.16 - Theme from 2nd movement
- Wedding Day at Trolhaugen from Lyric Pieces Op.65
- I Wandered One Lovely Summer Evening from Five Songs Op.26
- A Swan from Six Songs Op.25
- Anitra's Dance from Peer Gynt Op.23
- Autumn Thoughts from Five Songs Op.26
- In the Hall of the Mountain King from Peer Gynt Op.23
- Norwegian Dance Op.35
- The First Primrose from Five Songs Op.35
- Solveig's Song from Peer Gynt Op.23