Easy Concert Pieces Vol.1 [Alto Sax]Includes CD
Edited by Ulrich Junk
From the Publisher
The Easy Concert Pieces series for alto saxophone and piano provide easy to intermediate pieces from the Renaissance to the modern era for music lessons, concert performances or private music-making. The volumes with accompanying CD add to the not very extensive repertoire of performance pieces for saxophone. They were carefully selected according to technical and musical requirements and are arranged in three volumes according to their level of difficulty.
All pieces are included on the accompanying CD as demo and play-along versions (piano accompaniment). The piano part contained in the volume is very easy so that it can even be played by a pupil, e.g. at a music school.
Volume 1(ED 22553) contains easy pieces which mainly range from d‘ to c‘‘‘, occasionally even to d‘‘‘. The keys range from C to D major or the respective minor keys. This volume contains works by Charpentier, Vivaldi, Handel, Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Smetana, Pütz, Moser, and others.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Song of Agincourt (England 15C)
- Dance & After Dance (Haussmann)
- Preelude from Te Deum (Charpentier)
- Rondeau (Purcell)
- Trumpet Tune (Clarke)
- Allegro from 'Spring' (Vivaldi)
- Largo from 'Winter' (Vivaldi)
- Bourree from The Royal Fireworks (Handel)
- Aria 'So oft ich meine Tobackspfeife' (JS Bach)
- Aria fro Peasant Cantata (JS Bach)]
- If You Are With Me BWV508 (Stolzel)
- Chorale St. Anthony (Haydn)
- Romance from Eine kleine Nachtmusik (Mozart)
- Sonatine - I Allegri (Reinagle)
- Sonatine - II Andante (Reinagle)
- Sonatine - III Presto (Reinagle)
- Ode To Joy (Beethoven)
- Die Moldau (Smetana)
- Spiritual (Putz)
- Evening Twilight (Moser)
- Foxtrot (Harris)
- Happy Childhood Days (Junk)
- Dorian Blue (Wunsch)