Easy Classics for the Young Clarinet Player
These books contain solo/recital material form the great masters of musical composition that have been specifically arranged for the Beginner through Early Intermediate instrumental soloist. Included with the solo book is a professionally recorded CD that demonstrates each piece. Use these examples to help develop proper performance practices. There is also a recording of the accompaniment alone that can be used for performance (and rehearsal) when a live accompaniment is not available. The piano accompaniment is included in this book.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Fantaisie Impromptu (Frederic Chopin)
- The Can-Can (Jacques Offenbach)
- To a Wild Rose (Edward MacDowell)
- Hungarian Dance #5 (Johannes Brahms)
- The Carnival of Venice (Julius Benedict)
- Toreador’s Song (Georges Bizet)
- Rondeau (Jean Joseph Nouret)
- Habanera (Georges Bizet)
- Aria (W.A. Mozart)
- Andante from La Ci Darem La Mano (W.A. Mozart)
- Dagger Dance (Victor Herbert)
- Air from Suite #3 (J.S. Bach)