From the Publisher
The music chosen for "Curtain up!" ranges from the early classical period to the 20th century and includes arrangements of works by Vanhal, Leopold and Wolfgang A. Mozart, Weber, Diabelli, Mendelssohn Bartholdy through to Tchaikovsky, Ravel and Rachmaninoff. Two lively compositions by Maria Holzeis-Augustin are also included. All arrangements are suitable as concert pieces and can be used alongside any flute tutor. Curtain up for "Magic Flute on Stage"!
- 13 easy arrangements of works by Vanhal, Leopold & Wolfgang A. Mozart through to Tchaikovsky and Ravel
- Two lively compositions by Maria Holzeis-Augustin
- All arrangements are suitable as concert pieces and can be used alongside any flute tutor
- Selected from the "Magic Flute on Stage" series
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Leopold Mozart Aria from Notebook for Wolfgang
- Leopold Mozart Menuet from Notebook for Wolfgang
- Anton Diabelli Rondino from Melodic Exercises Op.149
- Wolfgang Mozart Polonaise from Divertisment No.5 KV439b
- Johann Vanhal Andante from Duettino No.10
- Carl Maria von Weber Air Polonaise from Sonate Op.10/2
- Peter Tchaikovsky Song Without Words
- Felix Mendelssohn Song Without Words
- Maurice Ravel Tom Thumb (Petit poucet)
- Sergej Rachmaninov Romance
- Maria Holzeis-Augustin Chanterelle
- Maria Holzeis-Augustin Where Am I?