Complete Sonatas for Keyboard, Volume 3
From the Publisher
The composer, pianist and piano teacher Leopold Koželuch (1747-1818) was one of the leading Czech musicians in 18th-century Vienna. His 50 sonatas for keyboard bear witness not only to the transition from the harpsichord or clavichord to the pianoforte, but also to the evolution of the classical sonata at the turn of the 19th century.
Until now there have been few modern editions of this music. Our new edition, prepared by Christopher Hogwood, is the first to present all of Koželuch’s sonatas for solo keyboard.
Each of the four volumes contains 12 to 13 sonatas in chronological order by date of initial publication.
- First complete edition of the sonatas for keyboard.
- Suitable for professionals and amateurs alike.
- Ideal for teaching purposes
- Detailed Foreword (Eng/Cz/Ger), Critical Commentary (Eng) and facsimile pages
- Sonata No.25 D major Op.26/1
- Sonata No.26 A minor Op.26/2
- Sonata No.27 E flat major Op.26/3
- Sonata No.28 E flat major Op.30/1
- Sonata No.29 G major Op.30/2
- Sonata No.30 C minor Op.30/3
- Sonata No.31 F major Op.35/1
- Sonata No.32 A major Op.35/2
- Sonata No.33 G minor Op.35/3
- Sonata No.34 E flat major Op.38/1
- Sonata No.35 C major Op.38/2
- Sonata No.36 F minor Op.38/3
- Sonata No.37 G major