Classical Themes [Alto Sax]
From the Publisher
Even novices will sound great with Alto Sax Easy Instrumental Play-Along: Classical Themes , featuring 10 pieces which have been carefully selected and arranged for first-year instrumentalists. Audio demonstration tracks, featuring real instruments, are available for download to help you hear how the song should sound. Once you've mastered the notes, download the backing tracks to play along with the band. Titles include Can Can, Largo from Symphony No. 9 (“New World”), Musette in D Major, Spring, Trumpet Voluntary and more.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Can Can (Offenbach)
- Carnival of Venice (Benedict)
- Finlandia (Sibelius)
- Largo (from Symphony no. 9) (Dvorak)
- Morning (from Peer Gynt) (Grieg)
- Musette in D major (JS Bach)
- Ode to Joy (from Symphony no. 9) (Beethoven)
- Spring (from The Four Seasons) (Vivaldi)
- Symphony no. 1, excerpt from the 4th movement (Brahms)
- Trumpet Voluntary (Jeremiah Clarke)