Classical Highlights for ClarinetIncludes Online Audio
Edited by Kate Mitchell
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
From the Publisher
"Classical Highlights" presents the best known and most popular performance pieces from the classical repertoire in arrangements for clarinet and piano. Every clarinetist who is looking for a popular classic for lessons or lectures will find what they are looking for here. But there is also a suitable repertoire for the musical accompaniment of weddings and funerals. To facilitate practice, accompaniment tracks can be downloaded as MP3 files. The piano accompaniment is available as a PDF.
From the contents: Bach, Air - Handel, Largo - Mendelssohn, Wedding March - Schumann, Träumerei - Schubert, Ave Maria - Elgar, March from "Pomp an Circumstance" - Satie, Gymnopédie No. 1 - Kreisler, Liebesfreud - Liebesleid a.o.
- J.S. Bach: Air from Orchestral Suite No. 3 D major, BWV 1068
- J.S. Bach: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (Choral from the Cantata BWV 147)
- G.F. Händel: Largo from the opera "Xerxes"
- F. Schubert: Ave Maria op. 52/6
- F. Mendelssohn: Wedding March op. 61/9 from: "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- R. Schumann: Reveries op. 15/7
- R. Wagner: Bridal Chorus from "Lohengrin"
- A. Rubinstein: Melody op. 3/1
- J. Brahms: Hungarian Dance No. 5 WoO 1/1
- G. Fauré: Après un rêve- G. Fauré: Pavane op. 50
- Z. Fibich: Poème op. 39
- F. Tárrega: Recuerdos de la Alhambra
- E. Elgar: Pop and Circumstance. Military March No. 1
- E. MacDowell: To a wild rose op. 51/1
- E. Satie: Gymnopédie No. 1
- M. Ravel: Pavane pour une infante défunte
- F. Kreisler: Love's Joy/Love's Sorrow from: Old Viennese Dance Tunes
- K. Noack: Flibbertigibbets
- E. Pütz: Blue Waltz