Classical Favourites from Russia for Two Flutes [Playing score(s)]
Arranged by Arnold Zamarin
- Great for teachers
From the Publisher
A compilation of the best-loved classical tunes of Russian composers, from Borodin to Prokofiev, arranged for two flutes. Wonderfully romantic: These arrangements of world-famous orchestra tunes for two flutes will be loved by young and older players alike. The melodies of Russian master composers are sure to inspire a dance of the fingers. Many people grow up with melodies from ballets such as The Nutcracker, Swan Lake or Sleeping Beauty, Flight of the Bumble Bee and Sabre Dance are outstanding examples of musical tone-painting. The memories they awake when you play or listen to them are all the more pleasing and evocative. In these arrangements the themes of the pieces are equally distributed across the two parts so that both flautists enjoy the variety. They remain as faithful as possible to the originals.
13 medium-difficulty arrangements from the romantic repertory of ballet, opera, and other compositions with an emphasis on authenticity and balanced voice leading
- Tchaikovsky - Waltz from 'Sleeping Beauty'
- Tchaikovsky - Main theme from 'Swan Lake'
- Tchaikovsky - Dance of the Little Swans from 'Swan Lake
- Dance of the Reed pipes from 'The Nutcracker'
- Borodin - Dance of the Polotsian Maidens
- Borodin - Nocturne from 'String Quartet No.2
- Shostakovich - Waltz from 'Jazz Suite No.2'
- Prokofiev - Montagues & Dapulets from 'Romeo & Juliet'
- Prokofiev - March from 'The Love of Three Oranges'
- Khachaturian - Sabre Dance crom 'Gayane'
- Khachaturian - Adagio from 'Spartacus'
- Rimsky-Korsakov - Song of India from 'Sadko'
- Rimsky-Korsakov - The Flight of the Bumblebee from 'Tales of the Tsar Saltan