Intermediate Classic Duets for Flute and Clarinet
- Great for teachers
From the Publisher
Intermediate Classic Duets for Flute and Clarinet is a collection of 22 classical and traditional pieces arranged especially for two players who are of a similar (intermediate) standard. Suitable for players of Grade 4 plus (some are quite tricky!). The clarinet part requires some fluency across the break. The flute part ventures into third octave. Great for lessons or playing with friends, entertaining the family and even busking.
The pieces are arranged so that each player gets to play the tune, which is more difficult but great for listening to each other, and fun!
Most are in easy keys and are one page; several are two or three pages. We've included both classical and traditional tunes, slow and fast pieces, easy and difficult, ones to play straight away and others to work on.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Air de Toreador from Carmen (Bizet, Georges)
- Fur Elise (Beethoven, Ludvig van)
- Humoresque, op. 101 no. 7 (Dvorak, Anton)
- Intermezzo (Glinka, M)
- Jupiter (Holst, G)
- Loch Lomond (Traditional)
- Les Coucous Benevoles (Couperin, F)
- March (Bach, JS)
- Minuet (Boccherini, L)
- Minuet in D (Mozart, W.A)
- Minuet in G (Beethoven, Ludvig van)
- Morning from Peer Gynt Suite (Grieg, J)
- Needles and Pins (English Traditional)
- Old German Lullaby (German Traditional)
- Pomp and Circumstance from March no. 1 (Elgar, E)
- Prelude in G (Bach, JS)
- Prelude, op.8 no. 7 (Chopin, F)
- Rigadoon (Purcell, H)
- Study in C, Bagatelles (Le Couppey, F)
- Symphony no. 5, 2nd movement (Tchaikovsky, P.I)
- The Duck from Peter and the Wolf (Prokofiev, S)
- Waltz, op. 39 no. 15 (Brahms, J)