Christmas Quintet - Quintett in D 'Weihnacht' arranged for Flute Quintet, Op21
- Editor's Choice
“Real music for Christmas!”
This substantial work by the Dutch composer Brandt-Buys has been beautifully re-worked for flute ensemble by Gudrun Hinze. Each movement is lovely. The first is atmospheric and colourful, the second joyous, the third simply gorgeous and and the fourth triumphant. Each movement will stand alone, especially two and three, which might be more suitable as the whole work lasts 25 minutes.This is real Chrismas music which will add a touch of class to any festive concert!
From the Publisher
Originally composed for flute and string quartet, the Quintett in D Major, Op. 21 is a work by Dutch composer Jan Brandts-Buys. Each movement, bearing a quotation from the Biblical Christmas story at the top, quickly leads us out of the colorful, vividly painted initial feeling of the respective “motto” and into an agitated reworking of the motive. It has been adapted by Gudrun Hinze for three C Flutes, Alto Flute and Bass Flute.
Performance duration (approx): 25''
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- .. and there were shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
- ... and lo! the angel of the Lord came upon them; and the glory of the Lord shone around them.
- ... and there came wise men from the east to worship the child.
- ... ''I bring you tidings of great joy: for unto you is born this day the Saviour''
- Part 1: Flute
- Part 2: Flute doubling on Piccolo
- Part 3: Flute
- Part 4: Alto Flute
- Part 5: Bass Flute
Publisher: ALRY Publications
Publisher's reference: FC-431
Part of the The Quintessenz Collection series
Our Stock Code: 1455656
Media Type: Paperback - Score and parts (39 pages [score])