Chopin for Flute and Piano: Famous Transcriptions Vol 1
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
From the Publisher
Through the collection ''Famous Transcriptions'' we wish to recall the most interesting and creative arrangements of Chopin's music made over the last hundred and fifty years. In restoring transcriptions of studies, mazurkas, waltzes or preludes to the repertory we will also show how important a source of inspiration was the music of Chopin, a great Romantic, inspiring artist and a composer of genius.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4
- Prelude in A major Op 28 No 7
- Impromptu in A flat major Op 29
- Nocturne in F major Op 15 No 1 (transcribed by Paul Taffanel)
- Nocturne in F sharp major Op 15 No 2 (transcribed by Paul Taffanel)
- Polonaise in C sharp minor Op 26 No 1
- Waltz in A minor Op 34 No 2
- Waltz in B minor Op 69 No 2
- Mazurka in F sharp minor Op 6 No 1
- Mazurka in C sharp minor Op 6 No 2