Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
From the Publisher
Tired of the same old arrangements? Want to give your pupils something simple yet rewarding to play? Carol Barratt creates easy pieces that are creative, idiomatic, simple yet rewarding to play and that will really get pupils listening and performing musically, right from the beginning. The pieces in "Bravo! Oboe" take the student progressively through the early grades. They consist mainly of original material, with a few arrangements too - some well-known, some more unusual. These pieces are intended to encourage the student to perform - rather than merely play - whenever the opportunity arises. All too often, the early stages of learning instrument can be a solitary process. Wherever possible, these pieces should be played with their keyboard accompaniments. Hearing the keyboard parts will lead to an awareness and appreciation of different musical styles and a sense of harmony, not just melody. In addition, playing with an accompaniment develops the pupil's ability to maintain his or her own part while listening to another. And of course, it's fun! Each collection is scrupulously edited for the instrument by a leading performer. The edition is part of the ABRSM syllabus (grade 1,2)
- Round Dance
- The Black Tube!
- Take a Breather
- On the Wing French-Canadian Folk Song
- Rise and Shine! Czerny
- Wimbledon Waltz
- Polka Kabalevsky
- Russian Dance Kabalevsky
- Fais Dodo French Folk Song
- Moderato Schmitt
- Modal Lament
- Harvest Time Latvian Folk Song
- Morning Song French Folk Song
- The Duke of Gloucester's March Clarke
- Hampton Swing
- In Our Village Hungarian Folk Song
- Sowing Marjoram Hungarian Folk Song
- English Jig Anon.
- Bravo Bossa Nova! Barratt/Jenkins
- The Night Visiting Song Scottish Folk Song
- Forking Out!
- Midsummer Fire Swedish Folk Song
- Bed-Rock Blies
- Out-of-Step March
- Torry Burn Scottish Folk Tune
- Three Variations on "Cat in the Snow"
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).