From the Publisher
The Best of Grade is a major collection of the best loved pieces and studies selected by the leading examination boards, from current favourites to forgotten gems. The Best of Grade 5 Flute includes the pieces which have captured the imaginations of teachers and students over the years. Technically tried and tested, all the pieces have been rigorously researched by flute expert Sally Adams. A CD of performances and piano accompaniments is included, as well as useful practice tips. In each of the books, one piece from each list of the 2008-2013 Associated Board syllabus is included, enabling candidates to use the books in their graded examinations.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Beethoven: Allegro Molto from Sonata in D
- von Preussen: Allegro ma no troppo from Sonata in F
- Gluck: The Dance of the Blessed Spirits
- Loeillet: Largo from Sonata in G minor
- Handel: Allegro from Sonata in F major, HWV369
- Hampton: Yer Dinner's in the Dog
- Abreu: Tico Tico
- Runswick: Blue Six
- Arrieu: First Movement from Sonatine
- Faure: Sicilienne
- Kohler: Study No.1
- Harris: Fabulous Fable and Amorous Arpeggios
- Harris: Study No.44 'Rhumba'
- Harris: Frisky Fingers and Athletic Adventure
- Part 1: Flute
- Part 2: Piano
Publisher: Faber Music
Publisher's reference: 0571530737
Our Stock Code: 901338
Media Type: Paperback (38 pages [score]); includes accompaniment CD