Afro-Latin Flute Duets [Playing score(s)]
- Staff Pick
Not all the pieces in this volume are complete winners but there is quite enough material here for it to earn its keep in the teaching bag. A strange mix of unknown calypsos and better known latin songs, the arrangements good and solid. Some are rhythmically complex with the two parts playing together and others require independence but are a lttle more straightforward. Finger dexterity is needed too, especially if speeds are as fast as they should be. It all makes for very good and interesting sightreading. - worth it for that alone!
From the Publisher
When you explore the contents of this sheet music you will immerse yourself in the exotic world of Afro-Latin Jazz, an exciting form of music fusing African and Caribbean dance rhythms with American Jazz.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Segundo, Compay: Chan Chan Son
- Bramböck, Florian: Choro di Carvalhos
- Traditional: La Cucaracha
- Bramböck, Florian: Rondo Tobago
- Bramböck, Florian: El puesto de las butifarras
- Bramböck, Florian: Meerenge, mehr Weite
- Bramböck, Florian: Praising Burundi
- Traditional: Cielito lindo
- Bramböck, Florian: Thé à la Menthe
- Bramböck, Florian: Southafrican Prayer for Peace
- Diaz, Jose Fernandez: Guantanamera
- Bramböck, Florian: Mardi gras
- Bramböck, Florian: Danse Marocain
- Makeba, Miriam/Ragovoy Gerry: Pata Pata
- Bramböck, Florian: Three Days off in my Cadillac