- Exceptional value for money
- Interesting, worth a look
From the Publisher
Dr. Moore was one of the most prominent African-American women composers of the 20th Century. Published here for the first time, her Afro-American Suite (1969) has four movements based on traditional Negro spirituals, but adapted harmonically using the modern composer’s tools. A very accessible chamber music piece for instrumental “voices,” well suited for recitals or church. (The slow movement is written for alto flute).
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Nobody Knows the Trouble I See/ Brothers Will You Pray for Me/Help Me to Drive Ole Satan Away
- I Heard the Preaching of the Elder/Preaching the Word of God
- Who Is that Yonder?/Oh, it Looks Like My Lord/Coming in a Cloud