Advanced Flute Studies - The Art of Chunking
From the Publisher
Advanced Flute Studies: The Art of Chunking presents the first and only method for flutists to master the process of “chunking” as a pedagogical technique. Through exploration of technical studies, etudes, preludes, cadenzas, and solos, the flutist is introduced to basic through advanced chunking techniques to facilitate reading and tone development. Musical “Bon Bons” for articulation, intonation, and tone development are also integrated into the innovative curriculum. Continuing the pedagogical approach of Flute 101, Flute 102, and Flute 103, The Art of Chunking introduces a powerful learning strategy making it a must-have staple – perfect for use in both private and university studios.
- Includes a Comprehensive Daily Warm-up
- Explores the building blocks of music through the study of scales, thirds, arpeggios, and seventh chords
- Organizes eye/hand coordination and enhances technical development using the chunking technique
- Develops efficient, relaxed breathing by practicing the panting technique
- Inspires creativity and musical expression with the study and performance of preludes and cadenzas
- Fosters the development of tone and articulation
- Contains three unaccompanied solos, plus appropriate repertoire suggestions from various style periods
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).