Saxophone Exam Pieces 2022-25 Grade 2Includes Online Audio
From the Publisher
The new Saxophone syllabus (for use in exams from January 2022) covers a broad selection of music from a wide range of composers. Developed using feedback from over 600 teachers, it will include newly commissioned pieces as well as retaining tried and tested favourites that teachers will be delighted to see as still part of the syllabus.
The Saxophone Exam Pieces for Grades 1-5 contains nine pieces (score (E Flat and B Flat) and part) selected from the new Saxophone syllabus from 2022. The chosen pieces include newly commissioned works as well as classic repertoire, chosen from lists A, B and C of the syllabus for each grade.
Unique download codes give students access to recordings of the nine selected pieces, performed by leading professional musicians, as well as piano accompaniment tracks for both E flat and B flat instruments to support practice.
The books are ideal for learners preparing for Practical or Performance Grade exams or those who may not require the scales and sight-reading material included in the alternative Saxophone Exam Packs.
This book contains nine pieces selected from ABRSM's 2022-2025 Grade 2 Saxophone syllabus.
Performance duration (approx): 44
- Bourrée: second movement from Music for the Royal Fireworks, HWV 351 [George Frideric Handel]
- In Sherwood livde stout Robin Hood: from Fourth Booke of Ayres [Robert Jones, arr. Ian Denley]
- Spiritoso [Nina Velázquez]
- Jupiter: from The Planets, Op. 32 [Gustav Holst, arr. David Blackwell]
- Abendsegen: from Hänsel und Gretel [Engelbert Humperdinck, arr. Peter Gritton]
- Xhosa Fantasy [Bongani Ndodana-Breen]
- Horseshoe Shuffle [Beverley Calland]
- The Bare Necessities: from The Jungle Book [Terry Gilkyson, arr. Peter Lawrance]
- Flying High: No. 2 from Rhythm & Rag for Saxophone [Alan Haughton]