ABRSM: Saxophone Exam Pack 2022-25 Grade 3Includes Online Audio
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
From the Publisher
The new Saxophone syllabus (for use in exams from January 2022) covers a broad selection of music from a wide range of composers. Developed using feedback from over 600 teachers, it will include newly commissioned pieces as well as retaining tried and tested favourites that teachers will be delighted to see as still part of the syllabus.
The Saxophone Exam Pack bring together selected exam pieces, scales and arpeggios, sight-reading and audio downloads in one convenient place to support ABRSM’s new Saxophone syllabus from 2022.
Available for Grades 1-5, each book contains nine pieces from the Saxophone syllabus (score (E flat and B flat) and part) in a range of styles. All the scales and arpeggios required for each grade are included, as well as sample sight-reading tests.
Unique download codes give students access to recordings of the nine selected pieces, performed by leading professional musicians, as well as piano accompaniment tracks for both E flat and B flat instruments to support practice.
The Exam Pack is an ideal resource for preparation for ABRSM’s Practical Grade exams, as well as providing an excellent toolkit for the general development of technical skills at Grades 1-5.
This book brings together selected exam pieces, scales and arpeggios, sight-reading and audio downloads, to support ABRSM's 2022-2025 Grade 3 Saxophone syllabus.
Performance duration (approx): 56
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Le petit chien: No. 11 from The Good Tempered Saxophone [Mike Mower]
- The Miller of the Dee [Trad. English, arr. Hywel Davies]
- Allegro: first movement from Concerto in E, 'La Primavera' Op. 8 No. 1, RV 269 [Antonio Vivaldi, arr. David Blackwell]
- Swan Song [Lloyd Coleman]
- Pavane pour une infante défunte [Maurice Ravel, arr. Peter Lawrance]
- The Church at Errislannan [Althea Talbot-Howard]
- America: from West Side Story [Leonard Bernstein, arr. Peter Lawrence]
- My Horse has Cast a Shoe: from Pacific 1860 [Noël Coward, arr. Ian Denley]
- Listen Up! [Charlotte Harding]