Saxophone Exam Pack 2022-25 Grade 2Includes Online Audio
From the Publisher
The new Saxophone syllabus (for use in exams from January 2022) covers a broad selection of music from a wide range of composers. Developed using feedback from over 600 teachers, it will include newly commissioned pieces as well as retaining tried and tested favourites that teachers will be delighted to see as still part of the syllabus.
The Saxophone Exam Pack bring together selected exam pieces, scales and arpeggios, sight-reading and audio downloads in one convenient place to support ABRSM’s new Saxophone syllabus from 2022.
Available for Grades 1-5, each book contains nine pieces from the Saxophone syllabus (score (E flat and B flat) and part) in a range of styles. All the scales and arpeggios required for each grade are included, as well as sample sight-reading tests.
Unique download codes give students access to recordings of the nine selected pieces, performed by leading professional musicians, as well as piano accompaniment tracks for both E flat and B flat instruments to support practice.
The Exam Pack is an ideal resource for preparation for ABRSM’s Practical Grade exams, as well as providing an excellent toolkit for the general development of technical skills at Grades 1-5.
This book brings together selected exam pieces, scales and arpeggios, sight-reading and audio downloads, to support ABRSM's 2022-2025 Grade 2 Saxophone syllabus.
Performance duration (approx): 52
- Bourrée: second movement from Music for the Royal Fireworks, HWV 351 [George Frideric Handel]
- In Sherwood livde stout Robin Hood: from Fourth Booke of Ayres [Robert Jones, arr. Ian Denley]
- Spiritoso [Nina Velázquez]
- Jupiter: from The Planets, Op. 32 [Gustav Holst, arr. David Blackwell]
- Abendsegen: from Hänsel und Gretel [Engelbert Humperdinck, arr. Peter Gritton]
- Xhosa Fantasy [Bongani Ndodana-Breen]
- Horseshoe Shuffle [Beverley Calland]
- The Bare Necessities: from The Jungle Book [Terry Gilkyson, arr. Peter Lawrance]
- Flying High: No. 2 from Rhythm & Rag for Saxophone [Alan Haughton]