ABRSM: Flute Exam Pieces 2022-25 Grade 6Includes Online Audio
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
From the Publisher
The new Flute syllabus (for use in exams from January 2022) covers a broad selection of music from a wide range of composers. Developed using feedback from over 600 teachers, it will include newly commissioned pieces as well as retaining tried and tested favourites that teachers will be delighted to see as still part of the syllabus.
The Flute Exam Pieces for Grades 1-7 contains nine pieces (score and part) selected from the new Flute syllabus from 2022. The chosen pieces include newly commissioned works as well as classic repertoire, chosen from lists A, B and C of the syllabus for each grade.
Unique download codes give students access to recordings of the nine selected pieces, performed by leading professional musicians, as well as piano accompaniment tracks to support practice.
The books are ideal for learners preparing for Practical or Performance Grade exams or those who may not require the scales and sight-reading material included in the alternative Flute Exam Packs.
This book contains nine pieces selected from ABRSM's 2022-2025 Grade 6 Flute syllabus.
Performance duration (approx): 52
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Bourée anglaise: fourth movement from Partita in A minor, BWV 1013 [Johann Sebastian Bach]
- Allegretto: No. 1 from Suite de trois morceaux, Op. 116 [Benjamin Godard]
- Cantabile and Allegro: first and second movements from Sonata in C, TWV 41:C2 [Georg Philipp Telemann]
- Nocturne: No. 6 from Six Poèmes Noir [David Baker]
- Une flûte soupire [Mel Bonis]
- On a Summer Evening [Gordon Jacob]
- Les écureuils: No. 2 from Deux morceaux [Henri Büsser]
- Bats in the Belfry [Billy Mayerl, arr. Sally Adams]
- Movement 1: from Republic Suite [Joseph Hanson Kwabena Nketia]
Item DetailsCategory: Accompanied Classical Flute Albums with Backing Tracks
Publisher: ABRSM Publishing
Publisher's reference: 9781786014207
Our Stock Code: 1488043
Media Type: Paperback; includes accompaniment Online Audio