Flute Exam Pieces from 2022 Grade 5Includes Online Audio
From the Publisher
The new Flute syllabus (for use in exams from January 2022) covers a broad selection of music from a wide range of composers. Developed using feedback from over 600 teachers, it will include newly commissioned pieces as well as retaining tried and tested favourites that teachers will be delighted to see as still part of the syllabus.
The Flute Exam Pieces for Grades 1-7 contains nine pieces (score and part) selected from the new Flute syllabus from 2022. The chosen pieces include newly commissioned works as well as classic repertoire, chosen from lists A, B and C of the syllabus for each grade.
Unique download codes give students access to recordings of the nine selected pieces, performed by leading professional musicians, as well as piano accompaniment tracks to support practice.
The books are ideal for learners preparing for Practical or Performance Grade exams or those who may not require the scales and sight-reading material included in the alternative Flute Exam Packs.
This book contains nine pieces selected from ABRSM's 2022-2025 Grade 5 Flute syllabus.
Performance duration (approx): 56
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
- Vivace: second movement from Sonata in B minor, Op. 1 No. 9 (HWV 367b) [George Frideric Handel]
- Minuet: No. 2 from Suite in A, Op. 144 [Cecil Armstrong Gibbs]
- Gigue: No. 3 from Trois petites pièces [Augusta Holmès]
- Allegro moderato: first movement from Sonatine [Claude Arrieu]
- Intermezzo: from Cavalleria rusticana [Pietro Mascagni, arr. Alan Bullard]
- Out Walking [Errollyn Wallen]
- Tico-tico no fubá [Zequinha de Abreu, arr. Nikki Iles]
- American Pye [Sally Adams]
- Mazurka, Op. 7 No. 1 [Frederyk Chopin, arr. Emil Prill]