ABRSM: Clarinet Exam Pieces 2022-25 Grade 6Includes Online Audio
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
From the Publisher
The new Clarinet syllabus (for use in exams from January 2022) covers a broad selection of music from a wide range of composers. Developed using feedback from over 600 teachers, it will include newly commissioned pieces as well as retaining tried and tested favourites that teachers will be delighted to see as still part of the syllabus.
The Clarinet Exam Pieces for Grades 1-7 contains nine pieces (score and part) selected from the new Clarinet syllabus from 2022. The chosen pieces include newly commissioned works as well as classic repertoire, chosen from lists A, B and C of the syllabus for each grade.
Unique download codes give students access to recordings of the nine selected pieces, performed by leading professional musicians, as well as piano accompaniment tracks to support practice.
The books are ideal for learners preparing for Practical or Performance Grade exams or those who may not require the scales and sight-reading material included in the alternative Clarinet Exam Packs.
This book contains nine pieces selected from ABRSM's 2022-2025 Grade 6 Clarinet syllabus.
Performance duration (approx): 64
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Corrente: second movement from Partita No. 2 in D minor, BWV 1004 [Johann Sebastian Bach, trans. ABRSM]
- Allegro danzante [Nino Rota]
- Allegro ma non troppo: first movement from Sonata No. 5 [Jean-Xavier Lefèvre]
- Adagio: second movement from Clarinet Quintet No. 3, Op. 23 [Heinrich Baermann]
- Fantasiestück: No. 4 from Fantasiestücke, Op. 43 [Niels Wilhelm Gade]
- Prelude: first movement from Suite from The Victorian Kitchen Garden [Paul Reade]
- Tamoio [Chiquinha Gonzaga, arr. Franklyn Gellnick]
- Groove on a Plate: from The Quintessential Clarinet, Vol. 2 [Mike Mower]
- Marche en rondeau [Terence Greaves]