ABRSM: Clarinet Exam Pieces 2022-25 Grade 4Includes Online Audio
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
From the Publisher
The new Clarinet syllabus (for use in exams from January 2022) covers a broad selection of music from a wide range of composers. Developed using feedback from over 600 teachers, it will include newly commissioned pieces as well as retaining tried and tested favourites that teachers will be delighted to see as still part of the syllabus.
The Clarinet Exam Pieces for Grades 1-7 contains nine pieces (score and part) selected from the new Clarinet syllabus from 2022. The chosen pieces include newly commissioned works as well as classic repertoire, chosen from lists A, B and C of the syllabus for each grade.
Unique download codes give students access to recordings of the nine selected pieces, performed by leading professional musicians, as well as piano accompaniment tracks to support practice.
The books are ideal for learners preparing for Practical or Performance Grade exams or those who may not require the scales and sight-reading material included in the alternative Clarinet Exam Packs.
This book contains nine pieces selected from ABRSM's 2022-2025 Grade 4 Clarinet syllabus.
Performance duration (approx): 36
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Allegro: fifth movement from Sonata No. 2, Methodical Sonatas, Book II, TWV 41:c3 [Georg Philipp Telemann]
- Basse-Danse: from Capriol Suite [Peter Warlock, arr. Alan Bullard]
- Minuet: No. 9 from Twenty Four Five Clarinet Studies [Lynne Williams]
- Romanze: from Eine kleine Nachtmusik, K. 525, second movement [Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, arr. Alan Bullard]
- Heather Hill: No. 1 from Two Contrasts [Freda Swain]
- Tonight: from West Side Story [Leonard Bernstein, arr. Nikki Iles]
- For Latin Lovers [Brian Chapple]
- A Nakht in Gan Eydn [Trad. Klezmer, arr. Franklyn Gellnick]
- Bauhinia Soft-Shoe [Raymond Yiu]