ABRSM: Clarinet Exam Pieces 2022-25 Grade 2Includes Online Audio
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
From the Publisher
The new Clarinet syllabus (for use in exams from January 2022) covers a broad selection of music from a wide range of composers. Developed using feedback from over 600 teachers, it will include newly commissioned pieces as well as retaining tried and tested favourites that teachers will be delighted to see as still part of the syllabus.
The Clarinet Exam Pieces for Grades 1-7 contains nine pieces (score and part) selected from the new Clarinet syllabus from 2022. The chosen pieces include newly commissioned works as well as classic repertoire, chosen from lists A, B and C of the syllabus for each grade.
Unique download codes give students access to recordings of the nine selected pieces, performed by leading professional musicians, as well as piano accompaniment tracks to support practice.
The books are ideal for learners preparing for Practical or Performance Grade exams or those who may not require the scales and sight-reading material included in the alternative Clarinet Exam Packs.
This book contains nine pieces selected from ABRSM's 2022-2025 Grade 2 Clarinet syllabus.
Performance duration (approx): 28
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Gavotte II (Musette): from English Suite No. 3, BWV 808 [Johann Sebastian Bach, arr. Alan Bullard]
- The Fisherman's Bend: Hornpipe: No. 1 from Knautical Knots [John Blook]
- Elephant Ballet [Helen Madden]
- Waltz for Libby: from Play Clarinet with Andy Firth, Book 1 [Andy Firth]
- The Miller of Dee [Trad. English, arr. David Blackwell]
- Abiyoyo [Trad. South African, arr. Roderick Williams]
- Ready to Pounce: No. 7 from Flying High [Edmund Jolliffe]
- Pieces of Eight: No. 16 from 38 More Modern Studies [James Rae]
- Carnival Time [Lloyd Coleman]