ABRSM: Clarinet Exam Pack 2022-25 Grade 4Includes Online Audio
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
From the Publisher
The new Clarinet syllabus (for use in exams from January 2022) covers a broad selection of music from a wide range of composers. Developed using feedback from over 600 teachers, it will include newly commissioned pieces as well as retaining tried and tested favourites that teachers will be delighted to see as still part of the syllabus.
The Clarinet Exam Pack bring together selected exam pieces, scales and arpeggios, sight-reading and audio downloads in one convenient place to support ABRSM’s new Clarinet syllabus from 2022.
Available for Grades 1-5, each book contains nine pieces from the Clarinet syllabus (score and part) in a range of styles.
All the scales and arpeggios required for each grade are included, as well as sample sight-reading tests.
Unique download codes give students access to recordings of the nine selected pieces, performed by leading professional musicians, as well as piano accompaniment tracks to support practice.
The Exam Pack is an ideal resource for preparation for ABRSM’s Practical Grade exams, as well as providing an excellent toolkit for the general development of technical skills at Grades 1-5.
This book brings together selected exam pieces, scales and arpeggios, sight-reading and audio downloads, to support ABRSM's 2022-2025 Grade 4 Clarinet syllabus.
Performance duration (approx): 48
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Allegro: fifth movement from Sonata No. 2, Methodical Sonatas, Book II, TWV 41:c3 [Georg Philipp Telemann]
- Basse-Danse: from Capriol Suite [Peter Warlock, arr. Alan Bullard]
- Minuet: No. 9 from Twenty Four Five Clarinet Studies [Lynne Williams]
- Romanze: from Eine kleine Nachtmusik, K. 525, second movement [Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, arr. Alan Bullard]
- Heather Hill: No. 1 from Two Contrasts [Freda Swain]
- Tonight: from West Side Story [Leonard Bernstein, arr. Nikki Iles]
- For Latin Lovers [Brian Chapple]
- A Nakht in Gan Eydn [Trad. Klezmer, arr. Franklyn Gellnick]
- Bauhinia Soft-Shoe [Raymond Yiu]