15 Intermediate Classical Solos for Oboe and PianoIncludes CD
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
Grades: 3, 4
From the Publisher
Part of the ANGLO MUSIC PLAY-ALONG Series, Philip Sparkes 15 INTERMEDIATE CLASSICAL SOLOS is aimed at the young instrumentalist who can play about an octave and a half and follows on from Sparkes 15 EASY CLASSICAL SOLOS. Specifically tailored to suitthe individual instrument, this book introduces the developing player to the world of the classics by using simple yet attractive melodies that fit their limited range.
The carefully selected pieces include music from the 17th to the 19th century and cover a wide variety of styles, from Handel to Tchaikovsky and from Clementi to Brahms.
The book will provide invaluable additional material to complement any teaching method and includes both piano accompaniment and a demo/play-along CD.
1. Largo from 'Xerxes'
2. Songs My Mother Taught Me from 'Gypsy Songs'
3. Minuet No. 2 from 'Notebrook for Anna Magdalene Bach'
4. La Cinquantaine from 'Two Pieces for Cello and Piano'
5. See the Conquering Hero Comes from 'Judas Maccabeus'
6. Sonatina Op. 36, no. 1
7. Serenata from 'String Quartet Op. 3, No. 5
8. Tambourin from '2nd Suite in E Minor'
9. Waltz from 'Album for the Young'
10. Sonatina from 'Six Pieces Op. 3'
11. Gavotte from 'Paride ed Elena'
12. Sonata Op. 118, No. 1
13. Serenade from 'Schwanengesang D 957'
14. Sonatina Anh. 5, No. 1
15. Bourree from 'Flute Sonata HWV 363b'