Rovner Clarinet Ligature & Cap Set
Our price: from £24.00 Free UK Shipping
Rovner ligatures incorporate an old idea for creating natural sound, softly holding the reed to the mouthpiece with no pressure points, just as if the reed were tied on with string. Because there are no pressure points or rigid constraints on the reed, the reed seats evenly to the facing of the mouthpiece, thereby reducing stiffness and increasing tonal clarity. These features contribute to the playing characteristics for which Rovner Ligatures are famous; even scales, accurate intonation and excellent control.
Rovner ligatures also greatly improve reed playability. Reeds which are totally unplayable on other ligatures will often perform well with the Rovner. The ability of the Rovner Ligature to extend reed life is unparallelled. More rigid ligatures actually hammer the cane fibres during vibration, eventually destroying the reed's tonal vibrancy. Not so with Rovner. Most players find their reeds will play until the tips finally succumb to fatigue and fall apart!
Every Rovner Ligature:
- Permits the reed to vibrate more freely than with conventional metal ligatures
- Improves tone, response and intonation of woodwind instruments
- Allows the reed to swell and shrink without distorting the reed body, reducing the likelihood of leakage at the facing
- Reduces peculiar modes of vibration that give rise to uneven scales, poor intonation, squeaks and raspiness
- If properly used, will provide greater playing ease, considerably extended reed life and fewer rejected reeds
- Is made of the finest materials obtainable
- Has a body made of neoprene-impregnated polyester fabric that will not stretch or rot and is chemically impervious;
- Is fitted with corrosion-resistant metal fittings
- Undergoes constant scrutiny for possible improvements
- Features double-textured ligature body with new T-process Polymer Impregnation
- Dark (1R): The original Rovner Ligature that has won acceptance worldwide for its ability to perform like a classic string ligature, but with greater convenience. Gives a big, centered tone with the ease of control and playability that only a string ligature can give. Supplied with cap.
- Light (L5): A free-playing ligature with a broader, more open tone quality for gutsy, contemporary styles of playing. Gives a free and responsive feel similar to other Rovner Ligatures, but with a reedier air to the sound. Supplied with cap.
- Custom Mk III (C1R): A premium ligature that is extraordinary in all characteristics of tone, response and ease of playing. Delivers a big, solid, well-centered tone of great brilliance, but without buzz or hash. Offers amazing response in all registers, as well as unbelievable accuracy, control of expression and dynamic range. Supplied with cap.
- Versa (previously Eddie Daniels Mk II) (V-1RII): Designed in collaboration with renowned jazz clarinettist, Eddie Daniels. This collaborative effort has yielded a ligature that is like no other. This ligature embodies much of the tonal "center" of a good metal ligature, but with the flexibility and freedom that are the hallmark of Rovner Ligatures. Simply put, no other ligature feels this good! Offers a great sense of playing confidence derived from the feeling of complete control and accurate, intensely focussed intonation. Great sonority reigns in the bottom two-thirds of the low register. Notes that normally buzz irritatingly achieve a new level of tonal purity and roundness. Register breaks, up or down, take place with nearly the same ease as movement to adjacent notes. Many reeds that wouldn't play are instantly turned into great performers. The depth of sound of this ligature reveals how all other ligatures are shallow-sounding.
- EVO-5 (E1R): The newest technology from Rovner Products provides all the attributes of current Rovner Ligatures - i.e. Dark, Light, Custom Mk III & Eddie Daniels Mark II - in a single ligature. It's like having six great ligatures in one.