From the Publisher
Learn the techniques of a current Broadway musician as you practice and play along with a recording of a full band. Music for 15 songs ― in styles ranging from jazz, bop, and swing to Dixieland, Latin, blues, and rock ― and downloadable MP3s offer chances to rehearse both melody and harmony.
Each song is recorded three ways:
- Practice playing melody or harmony with the title tracks, MP3s 1–15, marked TT.
- Practice playing melody with harmony accompaniment, MP3s 16–30, marked HT.
- Practice playing harmony with melody accompaniment, MP3s 31–45, marked MT.
These rehearsal routines are comparable to playing a 25-minute set with a live stage band
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- (Back Home Again in) Indiana
- A Swing Thing
- Slow & Easy Blues
- St. Louis Blues
- Ballin' the Jack
- Funky Blues
- Wild Flower
- Alexander's Ragtime Band
- Bop's Back!
- Rio Rosa
- Boogie Woogie Baby
- Jazz Waltz
- Rock 'n' Roll
- Part 1: Alto Saxophone
- Part 2 (Optional): Alto Saxophone
Publisher: Dover Publications
Publisher's reference: 0486782069
Our Stock Code: 1373042
Media Type: Paperback; includes accompaniment Digital Download