taken from the back of the book:
'Learn the techniques of a current Broadway musician as you practice and play along with a recording of a full band. Music for 15 songs ― in styles ranging from jazz, bop, and swing to Dixieland, Latin, blues, and rock ― and downloadable MP3s offer chances to rehearse both melody and harmony.
Each song is recorded three ways:
1. Practice playing melody or harmony with the title tracks, MP3s 1–15, marked TT.
2. Practice playing melody with harmony accompaniment, MP3s 16–30, marked HT.
3. Practice playing harmony with melody accompaniment, MP3s 31–45, marked MT.
These rehearsal routines are comparable to playing a 25-minute set with a live stage band!'
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- (Back Home Again in) Indiana
- A Swing Thing
- Slow & Easy Blues
- St. Louis Blues
- Ballin' the Jack
- Funky Blues
- Wild Flower
- Alexander's Ragtime Band
- Bop's Back!
- Rio Rosa
- Boogie Woogie Baby
- Jazz Waltz
- Rock 'n' Roll
- Part 1: Alto Saxophone
- Part 2 (Optional): Alto Saxophone
Publisher: Dover Publications
Publisher's reference: 0486782069
Our Stock Code: 1373042
Media Type: Paperback; includes accompaniment Digital Download