“Good flute music!”
There isn't a great deal of von Suppe arranged for flute ensemble so this is very welcome. The style is easy to access and the writing straightforward, with just the right amount of independence in the parts. Both the piccolo and bass flute are less busy than the rest which is good both technically and aurally. The G major key and familiar rhythms also help here, and although 6 parts can seem daunting at first, the overriding aim is to give confidence to developing players as they tackle more substantial works.
From the Publisher
- A lighthearted and tuneful piece that is equally suitable for a small flute choir or a large flute orchestra.
- The complete overture in a skillful arrangement.
- Fun and interesting parts for all players.
- Several contrasting sections makes it a good concert item.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Part 1: Flute
- Part 2: Flute
- Part 3: Flute
- Part 4: Piccolo
- Part 5: Alto Flute
- Part 6: Bass Flute
- Part 7 (Optional): Cymbals
Publisher: Trübcher Music
Publisher's reference: 9790708082804
Our Stock Code: 1352405
Media Type: Paperback - Score and parts (27 pages [score]); includes accompaniment CD