- Instructions for an effective embouchure and a comfortable posture
- Explanatory section on reading music
- Easy to follow lessons on clear uncluttered pages
- Demonstration DVD introducing basic techniques and notation
- Audio CD with a virtuoso performance, backing tracks and audio examples
- Duets and Rouncs
- Tests to check porgress
- Pull out fingering chart
This is for all those of you who are still devoted to C Paul Herfurth's classic tutor. Almost entirely re-written and complete with a CD the format is reassuringly familiar but much more contemporary. The layout and presentation is good with informative photographs and diagrams. Each lesson has clearly stated goals with both exercises and pieces to achieve them. The excellent accompanying CD recorded by Alison Hayhurst complements the book very well. The overall package here is very good so give it a try.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
Item DetailsCategory: Flute Tutor Books
Publisher: Music Sales
Publisher's reference: BM11539
Part of the A New Tune A Day (Flute) series
Our Stock Code: 926072
Media Type: Paperback; includes accompaniment DVD