The text in this significant concert piece is from the poetry of Stephen Crane. The work is constructed in the manner of a song cycle, only with narration rather than singing. The music is modern, yet accessible, and contains sections in a jazzy vein. Finalist in the 1996 Newly-Published Music Competition of the National Flute Association.
- Three Little Brids...
- Places Among the Stars...
- I Saw A Man Pursuing the Horizon
- Think As I Think...
- Once I Saw Mountains Angry...
- In Heaven
- The Sage Lectured Brilliantly
- Crimson Clash
- Part 1: Narrator
- Part 2: Flute doubling on Piccolo
- Part 3: Flute
- Part 4: Flute doubling on Alto Flute
- Part 5: Flute doubling on Bass Flute
- Part 6: Piano
Publisher: Brixton Publications
Publisher's reference: B107
Our Stock Code: 904599
Media Type: Paperback - Score and parts