Guest Spot - Classical Favourites [Alto Sax]
From the Publisher
Here is the chance to become a true classical soloist! Step into the spotlight and play-along with the superb backing tracks on the specially recorded CDs, containing eleven of the world's best-loved classical melodies, all arranged for Alto Saxophone. From Handel's Water Music and Mozart's Musical Joke to Beethoven's Allegretto Theme and Schubert's Entr'acte , these wonderful works are firm favourites with audiences of all ages, and this playalong edition will give you an ideal chance to master some of those all-important performance skills by rehearsing with the accompaniments even during your personal practice time. The CDs contain full performance versions of the music with piano accompaniment on the first set of tracks. The saxophone part is then omitted from the second set of tracks allowing you to play along with the recorded accompaniments. Features top line arrangements for each of the eleven massive songs with a practical saxophone fingering guide.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- A Musical Joke (Presto) K522 Mozart
- Air (from The Water Music) Handel
- Allegretto Theme (from Symphony No.7) Beethoven
- Ave Maria Schubert
- Entr'acte (from Rosamunde) Schubert
- Jeruselem Parry
- Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring Bach
- Largo (from Xerxes) Handel
- March (from The Nutcracker Suit) Tchaikovsky
- O For The Wings Of A Dove Mendelssohn
- Sarabande (from Suite XI) Handel