Grade by Grade Flute - Grade 1 [Flute]
Edited by Janet Way
- Great for teachers
- Editor's Choice
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
“A good buy!”
What sets this series apart is Janet Way’s imaginative choice of repertoire, her intelligent exercises for aural and sightreading, and the inclusion of some simple improvisation and basic theory. Proper flute playing on the CD and the reasonable price make every book a ‘must have’!
From the Publisher
The Grade By Grade series draws on the rich and varied Boosey & Hawkes catalogue of classical, contemporary and educational repertoire, highlighting composers including Serge Prokofieff, Dmitri Shostakovich, Karl Jenkins, Carol Barratt and Christopher Norton, alongside arrangements of traditional music from around the world by Peter Wastall, Vera Gray and others.
Carefully selected by Janet Way, this practical anthology provides the complete repertoire resource for the aspiring Grade 1 flautist and creates the perfect package for teaching, exam preparation and performance.
Each volume contains:
• 19 pieces & short studies, each complemented by a useful practice and performance tip
• grade-appropriate scales and arpeggios linked to the repertoire through bespoke text and exercises
• brand new sight-reading activities
• newly-commissioned aural awareness tasks
• a piano accompaniment booklet
Packaged with a CD of full performance demonstrations, piano backing tracks, and grade-appropriate aural awareness resources.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Susato Rondo V1
- Haydn Minuet
- Street Lazy Afternoon
- Czerny Sunrise fr '100 easy studies for piano'
- Kohler Study in G
- Szelenyi Lullaby fr '24 easy concert pieces'
- Bartok Hungarian Folk Tune No.31
- Jenkins Cantilena fr 'Adiemus'
- Norton Venezuelan Holiday
- Morgan Imaginary Dancer
- Purcell Minuet
- Traditional Brazilian Mama Paquita
- Helen Jane Long Spooked
- Popp Study No.10
- Anthony Marks Upstairs, Downstairs
- Janet Way Creative Reflection
- Chedeville Fanfare
- English Traditional Three Blind Mice
- Traditional Frence Frere Jacques
- Part 1: Flute
- Part 2: Piano
Publisher: Boosey & Hawkes
Publisher's reference: BH12480
Our Stock Code: 1348958
Media Type: Paperback (40 pages [score]); includes accompaniment CD