From the Publisher
Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy’s works for violoncello and piano occupy a special place within the repertoire of cellists and chamber musicians. The lyrical Song without Words (Romance sans paroles) is among the most popular of all teaching pieces.
Mendelssohn was inspired by his contacts with the leading cellists of his day to write for this instrument. This unique Urtext edition contains all of Mendelssohn’s finished works for violoncello and piano as well as reconstructions and completions of his unfinished works for the same scoring. The editor R. Larry Todd has composed the cello part for the variations and has completed the graceful Assai tranquillo.
- Urtext edition containing all of Mendelssohn’s works for violoncello and piano in 2 volumes
- Also includes reconstructions or completions of Mendelssohn’s unfinished works for violoncello and piano
- Informative Foreword (Eng/Ger) and Critical Commentary (Eng) with facsimile pages
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Sonata, Op45
- Sonata, Op58
- Variations concertantes Op.17
- Romance sans paroles Op.109
- Assai tranquillo
- Variations concertantes abandoned earlier Version of Variation 6
- Part 1: Cello
- Part 2: Piano
Publisher: Bärenreiter - Urtext
Publisher's reference: BA9098
Our Stock Code: 1403930
Media Type: Paperback (239 pages [score])