The Best of Flute is a major collection of the best loved pieces and studies selected by the major examination boards, from current favourites to forgotten gems. These books include the pieces which have captured the imaginations of teachers and students over the years.
Technically tried and tested, all the pieces have been rigorously researched by Flute expert Sally Adams. A CD of performances and Piano accompaniments is included, as well as useful practice tips. One piece from each list of the 2008-2013 Associated Board syllabus is included, enabling candidates to use the books in their graded examinations.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Mercadante: Andante alla Siciliana
- Bizet: Habanera from Carment
- Concone: Contemplation
- Delibes: Mazurka from Coppelia
- Arne: Where the Bee Sucks
- Watts: Tell Them Martha Sent You
- Bennett: Bad Hair Day
- Arrieu: Chanson de la Pastoure
- Mach & Johnson: Charleston
- Alwyn: Tempo di Gavotte
- Garabaldi: Study in F
- Anon: Two Tunes for the Parrot
- Rae: Study No.41 & 42
- Harris: Ants & Boiled Beef
- Hincke: Study No.24
- Part 1: Flute
- Part 2: Piano
Publisher: Faber Music
Publisher's reference: 0571530710
Our Stock Code: 901314
Media Type: Paperback (22 pages [score]); includes accompaniment CD