Vandoren Leather Tenor Saxophone Ligature & Cap
Made of high quality genuine leather, carefully and skillfully sewn in the hand-crafted tradition, to work in complete harmony with the reed and mouthpiece. Leather, a living material, gives an ideal combination of rigidity and flexibility. Its elasticity absorbs the higher harmonics which often cause a sound to be 'bright' or 'harsh'. It also comes into contact with a larger surface area of the mouthpiece, creating a more focused, compact sound. The single silverplated screw on to top of the mouthpiece tightens the ligature evenly and precisely.
- Leather ligature for tenor saxophone
- Fits most standard-sized tenor sax ebonite mouthpieces
- Choice of plastic or leather cap
- Includes three interchangeable pressure plates to subtly modify your sound
An easy-to-fit Velcro system makes changing the plates easy while contributing to the flexibility of the entire ligature:
- Metal plate A more colourful and compact sound. The combination of a metal plate and a flexible ligature offers the player the best sonic qualities of both materials.
- Smooth leather plate Made from the same leather as the ligature, it creates a focused, compact sound that is slightly darker.
- Supple smooth leather plate Made from a more supple leather, it gives a rounder, more ample sound.