Spectrum for Piano Duet [Score only]
Edited by Thalia Myers
Spectrum for Piano Duet is a unique collection of contemporary works for piano, four hands. The newly commissioned pieces range in standard from Grade 3 to Diploma and are suitable for pianists of all ages. Seven pieces have easier Secondo parts, for teacher-student and mixed level pairs.
Alongside the established composers represented are six young composers, who have each contributed a variation on Howard Skempton’s theme, ‘Primary Colours’.
A CD is included, containing recording of all pieces, performed by Thalia Myers, Timothy Salter and Edward Liddall. The CD also includes recorded parts for the three pieces composers for piano duet and soundtrack.
The highly successful Spectrum series was established by ABRSM and Thalia Myers in 1996, and now includes volumes for piano, cello, clarinet and string quartet. The aim of the series remains unchanged: to commission some of the finest composers to writes pieces of modest length and difficultly, while preserving the essential characteristics of their compositional style.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Fishing By Moonlight [Jeremy Dale Roberts]
- Kimono Cottage [Janet Davey]
- Lopsided Waltz [Gabriel Jackson]
- Left vs. Right [Roderik de Man]
- Simul [Naomi Pinnock]
- Silhouette [David Sawer]
- Primary Colours [Howard Skempton]
- Blue [Mark David Boden]
- Primary Colour Variation [Ryosuke Karaki]
- Brushstrokes [James Long]
- Au-dela du vitrail [Thomas Oehler]
- Shadow Pattern Set [Daniel Parcell]
- Palette mixing [Graham Ross]
- White Reverie [Victoria Borisova-Ollas]
- Deux jeunes se promenent a travers le ciel (1929) [Michael Finnissy]
- Ground Control [Graham Fitkin]
- Fire-clouds over Szazhalombatta [Sadie Harrison]
- Melodicle Canon No. 4 [Terry Mann]
- 47 Tucanae [Patrick Nunn]
- Steerable Grandfather [Timothy Salter]
- Fractured Landscape [Simon Bainbridge]
- Four Hands [Philip Cashian]
- Distant Bells [Andris Dzenitis]
- Processional [Helen Grime]
- A moment at dawn [Phillip Neil Martin]
- A Tre [Joao Pedro Oliveira]
- Pari intervallo [Arvo Part]
- Part 1: Piano
- Part 2: Piano
Publisher: ABRSM Publishing
Publisher's reference: 9781860969713
Our Stock Code: 1332452
Media Type: Paperback - Score only (84 pages [score]); includes accompaniment CD