“Even Taffanel and Gaubert would be impressed by this!”
From the Publisher
This is a daily practice method for both aspiring and experienced jazz flutists. To better understand the process of jazz improvisation, the basics of jazz theory are explained and illustrated. The corresponding exercises following each lesson will help to develop the technical and musical reflexes necessary for jazz improvisation.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Chapter 1 - Intervals
- Chapter 2 - Chord Construction
- Chapter 3 - The Blues
- Chapter 4 - Chord/ Scale Theory
- Chapter 5 - Diminshed Chord/ Scale Study
- Chapter 6 - Melodic Minor Scale Study
- Chapter 7 - Chord Substitution