Selmer (Paris) Reference 54 Tenor Saxophone, Honey-gold finish
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
Selmer are widely thought of as being the true home of the saxophone; the company bought the workshop of Adolfe Sax (inventor of the saxophone) in 1929, and this was until the early 1980s still one of the company's prime production facilities. Selmer (Paris) saxophones are still handmade in France and remain prestigious and sought-after.
Based on the iconic 1950's Mark VI, considered by top players to be Selmer's best saxophone and played by professionals worldwide. The Reference uses the same design as the Mark VI, but with all the advantages of strong modern keywork, and with high F#! An excellent sax.
"Reference is a new Selmer Paris concept, which allows for combining acoustic or ergonomic features of several previous Selmer Paris models with the qualities of a today’s design and making. The Reference series currently proposes two tenor saxophone versions: Reference 36 and Reference 54.
"Each model has a specific tone colour: the Reference 36 features a rich, open tone, in the tradition of the Balanced Action manufactured beginning in 1936. The more centred Reference 54 incorporates the famous Mark VI design, which came out in 1954."
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- "Reference 54" model
- Brass body, bow, bell and keywork
- Available in honey-gold lacquer or matt antique finish
- Front F (pearl key)
- High F# (pearl key)
- Adjustable multi-directional metal thumbrest
- Mother-of-Pearl key inlays
- Leather pads with plastic booster
- Detachable bell, hand-engraved with special Reference 54 engraving
- Includes Selmer S80 C* ebonite mouthpiece, ligature and cap, neckstrap, cork grease, reeds and "Reference" case