From the Publisher
The interest in China has been great even before the country was selected to host the Olympic Games 2008. For years, Chinese music has become more and more popular, especially China's charming and varied folk music. With 'Melodies of China', Schott now presents collections of Chinese folk songs for various instruments. The songs in every volume have been arranged for the respective instruments by a Chinese expert arranger. The accompanying CD helps you to familiarize yourself with the characteristics of Chinese music.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Autumn Harvest Shaanxi Province
- Go to West Pass Shaanxi Province
- Jasmine Jiangsu Province
- Embroider the Pillow Case Shaanxi Province, music by Bing He
- Embroidering a Silk Banner with Words of Gold Shaanxi Province
- Morningstar Lily Bloom with Brilliant Red Colour Shaanxi Province
- Green Water and Blue Sky Music by Ma Ke, from Opera 'Marriage of Xiao Erhei'
- See a Lovely Yangge in Spring Festival Shaanxi Province
- Fly a Kite Hebie Province