The Notebooks reflect the editor's practical experience of playing in Opera, Ballet and Symphony orchestra. It is based on the enjoyment of melody, and the collections continue the 19th century tradition of arranging some of the best music for solo flute; for private study; recreation and even informal performance.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Aria from the Coffee Cantata
- Bourée from the French Suite No. 5
- Chorus from the Coffee Cantata
- Courante from the French Suite No. 2
- from the Suite No. 2 in B Minor Minuet
- Sarabande from the French Suite No. 5
- Slow Movement from the Violin Concerto in A Mino
- Two Minuets from the Suite No. 1