Azumi AZ-S2RE Flute
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
Altus flutes are held in the very highest esteem by professional players and technicians the world over. Now the Altus sound is available at an affordable price, thanks to the Azumi flute.
The key to the success of the Azumi is the Altus headjoint. This is the S-cut style, handcut in Japan, which has an oval shape to the embouchure hole providing a rich and colourful sound with slightly more blowing resistance than the already hugely popular Z-cut headjoints on the Z series Azumi flutes. The S-cut headjoints are the same as those used on the Altus professional range of flutes, which pays homage to their success and popularity.
In a continuing quest for perfection, Altus have released the Azumi S series. Working on the success of the Z series flutes the new S series uses a combination of silver purities which work in harmony with the S-cut handmade headjoint to produce a stunning range of flutes.
About Azumi Flutes
Produced by Altus Flutes for the step-up market, Azumi flutes include a professional Altus headjoint and French-style pointed key arms. Azumi flutes are among our most popular upgrade flutes.
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- Handcut Altus S-cut .958 'Britannia' headjoint
- .925 solid lip-plate and riser
- Silver-plated body tube and mechanism
- Available with closed or open holes at the same price
- Offset G key
- Split E mechanism
- French style Pointed key-arms
- Available with C footjoint or B footjoint
- Modern accurate scale
Azumi Series: S vs Z
Z series: Rectangular shaping to the embouchure hole leading to a quick response and an easy focusing and production of tone.
S series: Oval shaping to the embouchure hole leading to more blowing resistance and a rich, colourful and 'personal' sound.
The different combinations of silver purities used in the S and Z series underlines the characteristics of each cut to the headjoint, bringing out the individual qualities of each.
- Faux leather-bound wood case
- Plush-lined case cover with side pocket and shoulder strap
- Maple wood cleaning rod
- Inner cleaning gauze
- Outer polishing microfibre clothleaning
- Open hole model also includes a set of silicone plugs
Rent to Buy
Rent to Buy this item from
£91.45 per month
Our Rent to Buy scheme is perfect for trying out a new instrument without committing to a purchase. Rent a brand new instrument and make affordable monthly payments; after 18 payments, the instrument is yours. Or just return the instrument if it's not suitable.
- Rent to buy a brand new, high-quality instrument
- Affordable monthly payments
- Own the instrument at 18 months if you love it...
- ...or return it at any time after four months if you don't
- Receive your new instrument within 3 working days
- Free secure delivery
- View full details of Rent to Buy